Time for our Friday Reflection. If you are a leader, you are involved in change. The question is, are you involved in change as an outside facilitator or are you part of the change? Are you willing to change as well?
“…the system in place is ideally suited to producing the results the school is currently getting…any change in the desired results, from the current system in place is going to require a change in mission, core beliefs, and core values that underpin the system, especially if the goal is to permanently sustain the desired change.” Lezotte
• Remember, you, too, are part of the system you are trying to change.
• Have you reflected and identified the changes you need to embrace? Are you modeling them for your staff-leading by example?
• OR, do your actions despite your desire for creating change support the system in place?
• If so this should help you understand how others are feeling about change. Walk a mile in their shoes.
• How often do you leave the safety of your office and routine to go out and see what is going on?
• Do you engage with people without bias? Accept the fact that insights can come from the person you value the most AND from the person you disagree with the most. Don’t limit your information gathering.
Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!